Last Updated on
Mopidevi Temple history, legend, Mopidevi Temple Timings temple and pooja timings are in the following description.
This temple is familiar for Sarpa Dosha Nirvana Pooja, Naga Pratishta pooja, and Anapathya Dosha Poojas.
The preceding deity in this temple is Lord Subramanya who is believing to be the god of snakes.
Four Rishis namely Sanakasa, Sankara, Sanatkumara, and Sanatsuja are familiar for their persistent devotion towards Lord Shiva.
They disconnected themselves from the avaricious world and remained naked.
Once all the fours rishis went to Kailash to worship Lord Shiva.
At that time Sachi Devi, Swaha Devi, Saraswati Devi and Lakshmi Devi also arrived at Kailash.
Lord Subramanya was sitting in his mother Parvati Devi’s lap. He was confused to see both Rishis and Gods. As the gods were fully covered in clothes and Rishis were naked.
So Lord Subramanya chuckled on seeing that.
Parvati Devi scolded Lord Subramanya for his act. Later Lord Subramanya realized his mistake and took permission from Parvati Devi to perform expiration.
Lord Subramanya performed penance in the form of a snake and got relieved from his offence.
Later the place where Lord Subramanya performed penance became familiar with the name “Mopidevi Temple“.
In Skanda Purana, Rishi Veda Vyasa mentioned about the piousness of Mopidevi.
Mopidevi Temple History:
It is said that once Lord Subramanya appeared in the dreams of a devotee Veeravarapu Parvathalu and disclosed his locale.
Then Veeravarapu, along with other villager’s assistance disinter the self-manifested icon from the ant hill.
- Morning Hours: 5:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Evening Hours: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Every day Pooja timings of Lord Subramanya,
|Pooja Name||No.of persons allowed||Ticket Cost|
|Sarpa Dosha Nivarana Pooja||–||Rs.280|
|Palapongallu on Gas stove||–||Rs.20|
- Mopidevi Temple Timings for Abishekam is issued at the counter from 6:00 am – 12:30 pm.
- Daily at 6:30 pm, Pancha Harathi, and Chaturvedi swasthi are performed.
Permanent Poojas for Lord Subramanya:
|1||Saswatha Abhishekam – once in a year|
|Saswatha Kalyanam – once in a year||Rs. 10000|
Temple Address and Contact Number:
Sri Subrahmanyeswara Swamy Devasthanam,
Mopidevi Village, Mopidevi Mandal,
Krishna District, Pincode – 521125,
- Phone Number: (+91) 8671 257240.
How to reach Mopidevi Temple?
- Vijayawada’s Gannavaram airport is 65.9 km away from the Mopidevi Temple. It is the nearest airport.
- Repalle railway station is connected to all parts of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. It is 12 km away from the temple.
- Vijayawada has the major junction, it is 64.2 km away from the temple. So, hire a private vehicle to reach the temple.