Last Updated on
Mandasa Sri Vasudeva Swamy Temple is in Mandasa village of Srikakulam district. This Mandasa Temple is situated at the foot of Mahendragiri hill.
It is also known as Vasudeva Perumal temple. This temple dedicates to Lord Krishna.
Mandasa temple timings and other attractions of the temple is shown.
History of Vasudeva Perumal Temple:
As per the legends, In 1206 A.D, King Raja Vaman Singh is the ruler of this place.
At that time he blossoms this temple. During the 17th century, Mandasa temple was developed.
Later for so many years on this temple poojas and utsavams has stopped. After knowing about this temple a few years back Chinna Jeeyar Swamy has renovated this temple.
In this Mandasa Temple, only his Acharya Pedha jeeyar with his friend Gopalachary learned the vedics in 6 months itself.
Though the period of learning vedics 2 years they learned in 6 months by the blessing of God.
Attractions of this Temple:
- The architecture of this temple is in Orissa style.
- In Mandasa village the attractions of Vasudev temple attentions the tourists.
- Though the name of the temple is Vasudev Perumal it is not in Tamilnadu.
- There is a fort which considers as the highest fort in South India.
Mandasa Temple Timings:
The timings of this Mandasa Temple are as follows:
- Morning Timings: 5:30 am to 11:00 am
- Evening Timings: 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Vishakapatnam at a distance of 203 km.
- Mandasa and Summadevi railway stations are near to this town. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter.
- However, Vishakapatnam railway station is the major railway station at a distance of 199 km. And it connects to all major cities.
- Haripuram, Palasa, and Baruva are the nearest bus stations to this town. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here Mandasa Temple.