Last Updated on
Mallam Subramanya Swamy Temple
Mallam Subramanya Swamy Temple is located in Malla village of Nayadupeta in Chintamuru Mandal of Nellore district.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Subramanya Swamy.
In Mallam temple, Vasantha Mandapam built in the form of a chariot drawn by a pair of horses.
Temple mandapam built on 100 pillar rock cut and are beautifully carves from the epics of Ramayanam, Mahabharatham, Siva Purana, and Bhagavatham.
History of Mallam Subramanya Swamy Temple:
As per the legends, once king Pandya Bhupathi went to the forest for hunting. There he saw bamboo sticks grown on an Anthill.
He wishes to make a pushcart with these sticks. So he orders his soldiers to collect the sticks.
But the king doesn’t have an idea about the anthill has grown on Subramanya Swamy who is doing penance there for so many years.
While collecting bamboo sticks his soldiers unknowingly cut the hands of the Subramanya Swamy the blood starts oozing out from the anthill.
Later in kings dream, Lord Subramanya Swamy orders him to build a temple for him to get rid of his sin. During 630 A.D the temple was built by the king Pandya Bhupathi later renovated by Cholas rulers during 10th and 11th centuries.
Timings of Mallam Temple:
Generally, the temple timings are as follows
|5:00 am||Suprabhata Seva|
|9:00 am||Maha Nivedana|
|10:00 am||Temple Closes|
|4:15 pm||Sayankalam Pooja|
Koluvu Pancha Harathi
|8:00 pm||Darbar seva|
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 82 km.
- Gudur railway station is near to Mallam from there you can reach by road thereafter.
- However, Nellore railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 62 km from this village.
- Vakadu, Naidupeta, and Kota bus stations are near to Mallam. So, from there you can reach this temple by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.
There is no accommodation available near the temple for the stay. So we need to travel to the nearby cities and towns in search of hotels to stay in.
Like Gudur and Nayudpeta are the nearby places to find hotels.