Last Updated on
Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple Jangareddygudem
Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple Jangareddygudem is in Gurvaigudem village near to Jangareddygudem of West Godavari district.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Anjaneya Swamy.
Here lord is self-manifested in Maddi tree with one fruit in one hand and in another hand with his Gadha.
Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple History:
As per the legends, Madvasara is a Rakshasha in Ravana Sena lives with a spiritual mind he was a great devotee of Lord Shiva.
During the battle of Rama and Ravana, he met Anjaneya Swamy.
From then he starts Jampam of Lord Hanuman. During the battle between Rama and Ravana, he lost his life in battle.
At that time he saw Lord Hanuman flag on Arjuna cart and remembers his past life and sacrifices his life.
In Kali yugam he was born as Sage Madhyudu he uses to live a spiritual life and made penance to Lord Hanuman.
One day while bathing at canal he falls down. At that time a monkey came and wakes him up and gave a mango fruit to eat.
From that day the monkey comes and make his seva. With this Madhya asks him with knowing me you are fulfilling my needs who are you he asks.
Lord Hanuman darshan has shown in the form of a monkey. By this Madhya asks him a wish to Anjaneya to be with him at every time.
To this Lord Anjaneya replies him to born as Maddi tree in that tree he lives. Thus, Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple Jangareddygudem forms here.
Sri Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple Timings:
Generally, the timings of this temple are as follows:
- Morning: 5:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Evening: 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Rajahmundry which is at a distance of 64 km.
- Eluru railway station is near to Gurvaigudem. so, from there you can reach this temple by road thereafter.
- However, Rajahmundry railway station is a major railway station which is at a distance of 61 km.
- Jangareddygudem Tadvai and Kamavarapukota bus stations are near to Gurvaigudem.
- So, from there you can reach Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple Jangareddygudem by local transport. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.