Kalugolamma Temple Kavali
Kalugolamma Temple Kavali: or Kalugola Shambavi Temple is located in Sarvayapalem in Kavali town of Nellore district. The main deity of this temple is Parvathi devi in the form of Kalugola Shambavi devi.
History of Kalugola Shambavi temple:
As per the legends, one day the goddess Shambavi devi appears in Sarvayapalem villager’s dream and informs them that she is the Avatar of Goddess Parvathi devi and install her idol in the place where there is no cock sound.
Importance of Temple:
- Goddess in this temple born 500 years back.
- Once in 12 years, Thirunalla celebrates in this temple very grandly.
- Thousands of devotees will visit during Thirunalla time.
- Every year Dussehra Navaratrlu will celebrate grandly.
- However, the goddess in this temple is very powerful.
- Devotees believe that the Goddess in this temple makes everyone dreams successfully.
Timings of Kalugolamma Temple:
Generally, the temple opens at morning 5:30 am and closes by evening 8:30 pm.
How to reach Kalugola Shambavi Temple:
By Air: The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 167 km.
On Rail: Kavali railway station is nearby railway station to Sarvayapalem. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter. However, Nellore railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 55 km. So, from there you can reach by local transport to this temple.
By Bus: Kavali, Pedda Pavani and Gudlur bus stations are nearby bus stations to Sarvayapalem. From there the temple distance is 5 km only. So, from there you can reach by local transport or by Autorickshaw. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.