Last Updated on
Kallakuru Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple
Kallakuru Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple is located in Kallakuru village of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Venkateswara Swamy.
This temple has a great significance and is one of the ancient temple built 450 years back.
Gandharva Kanya by name Padmavathi plays a musical instrument Veena in front of Lord.
Sridhara attracts to Padmavathi and proposes her to marry but she refused to marry him. By this Sridhara got angry and cursed Padmavathi.
She too cursed him they both prayed to Lord to overcome from Curse.
However, Lord answers them that Padmavathi will be born as a river near the Godavari and Sridhara will going to born as a Brahmin for a couple in Karnataka and will struggle in life.
Later he will come and install of Lord here at Kallakuru Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and perform abhishekam with the Padmavathi river by this they both will get rid off from the curse.
After installation of several years, the idol of Lord submerged into the soil the idol submerged up to stomach hence the name Kallakuru came.
Generally, the timings of this temple morning 5:30 am to an evening at 8:30 pm.
How to reach Kallakuru:
- The nearest airport is in Vijayawada which is at a distance of 70 km.
- Akividu, Cherukuvada are the nearest railway stations to Kallakuru. So, from there you can reach this temple by road thereafter.
- However, Rajahmundry railway station which is at a distance 74 km from Kallakuru Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and is the major railway station.
- Juvallapallem, Jakaram and Kalla bus stations are nearby bus stations to Kallakuru.
- So from there, you can reach this temple by local transport. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.