Last Updated on
Jonnawada Kamakshi Temple
Jonnawada Kamakshi Temple is located in Jonnawada village of Nellore district on the bank of Penna river.
The main deity of this temple is Goddess Parvathi in the form of Kamakshi Ammavaru along with Mallikarjum Swamy.
History of Jonnawada Kamakshi Temple:
As per the legends once Kashyapa Prajapathi wants to perform Yagnam for this he started to search a place for performing Yagnam.
While searching he came to a place called Rajathagiri in the north side of Penna river he wishes to perform Yagnam in this place.
He installs three yagna Gundams to perform yagnam namely Aahananiyagni, Aaraspathyagni, and Dakshanagni.
Lord Shiva please with Kashyapa yagnam and emerge out of yagnam in form of Shiva lingam.
In SKANDHA Purana it tells about the place where yagnam perform is called Jannada and later it is known as Jonnawada.
In search of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathi came to Jonnawada, Lord Shiva requests to stay here in this place. Parvathi devi accepts for it and self-manifested her idol in this place of Jonnawada Kamakshi Temple.
Kamakshi Ammavaru Jonnawada temple Accommodation:
However, there are 35 rooms in Bezawada Menakuru Choultry and A.P tourism guest houses in Jonnawada.
At a reasonable cost to devotees, they provide comfortable accommodation to the devotees.
On behalf of this devotees can stay in private hotels which are near to the temple.
Jonnawada temple Timings:
Generally, the temple timings are as follows:
- Morning Timings: 5:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Evening Timings: 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Jonnawada Temple Phone Number:
- Jonnawada Kamakshi Temple Phone number is +91 8622210566
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 113 km.
- However, Nellore railway station is the nearest railway station to Jonnawada. So, from there you can reach the temple by road thereafter.
- Buchi, Kovur and Nellore minibus stations are nearest bus stations to Jonnawada. So, from there you can reach by local transport to this temple.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.