Last Updated on
ISKCON Tirupathi is in Tirupathi of Andhra Pradesh. This attractive temple has the deities of Lord Krishna and his wife Radha. The beauty of the deities is a highlight of the temple. Moreover, this temple has various drawings and sculptures which resembles the stages of Lord Krishna. As he is a cowherd there is also a Gosala in the surroundings of the temple. Additionally, the name of the temple is “Sri Sri Radha Govinda Mandir“.
History of ISKCON Tirupathi:
The idea for developing this ISKCON taken in the year of 1974 – 1975. Once Srila Prabhupada visited Tirumala- Tirupati on the request of AP Government. Then he affected by the non-secular atmosphere of the place and once seeing thousands of devotees visiting on a daily basis. He saw this Tirupathi is the perfect place to enhance the teachings of Bhagwat-Gita Associate in Nursing Lord whereas successively making a surrounding of peace throughout the globe. It’s the year of 1982, this concept had taken a physical kind. whereas, a little Brahmachari ashram was established in 1983 at the foot of Tirumala Hills. In 1984, a little temple was inaugurated with the installation of the idols of Lord Krishna and divinity Radha. In 2005, this temple was opened to everybody.
- Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple
- Sri Prasanna Venkateswara Swamy temple Appalayagutta
- Tiruchanuru Padmavathi Temple
ISKCON Tirupathi Timings:
- Generally, daily darshan timings start from 7:30 AM in the morning and close by 9:00 PM in the night.
How to reach ISKCON Tirupathi Temple:
- As it is in the well-known temple town of Tirupathi, local transport is most preferable to reach the temple. Moreover, buses and taxis are also available from Tirupathi railway station and bus station.