Last Updated on
Guttikonda Bilam is also known as Guthikonda Bilam or Guttikonda Caves is a historical cave in Andhra Pradesh.
In Sanskrit, the word Bilam means Caves and Guttikonda is a village name located in Guttikonda village of Guntur district.
History of Guttikonda Caves:
During the period of 1182 AD, Palanti Yudham has fought nearby these caves at a distance of 20 km.
At that time Palanti Brahmanaidu and his warriors stayed in these caves because these caves are in amidst of deep forest.
As per the legends, the great Sage Muchukunda maha Munni used this place for chanting. There are nearly 108 caves in this place but we can visit only 5 to 6 caves.
There are many Shiva lingas in these caves and also many gods and goddesses temples also there.
Attractions of Guttikonda caves:
- There is a Shivalingam inside this Guttikonda Bilam cave.
- Inside the caves, water pools are from underneath.
- It is surrounded by a deep forest full of greenery.
- A big canal nearby the caves.
Important things to remember:
- As the caves are in the forest, nothing will available within 4 km of distance. So, one must carry enough food and water.
- Carry a torchlight because the caves inside are dark so to explore them carry it.
In Piduguralla and Narasaraopet private hotels available. according to your budget and choice, you can stay there. some of the hotels are:
Name of the hotel
Distance from caves
|Pruthvi residency||Janapadu road, Piduguralla||18.2 km|
|2||Palanadu deluxe lodge||Piduguralla|
|Sri Balaji residency||Piduguralla|
How to reach Guthikonda
- There is no nearest airport to Guttikonda Bilam caves.
- However, Gannavaram airport in Vijayawada is near to Guntur which is at a distance of 116 km from this place.
- However, Guntur Jn railway station is major railway station at a distance of 78 km from Guttikonda Caves.
- Besides that Piduguralla and Narasaraopet railway stations are near to this place. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter.
- Piduguralla, Karempudi, and Dachepally bus stations are near to Guthikonda. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.