Last Updated on
Gandi Kshetram Veera Anjaneya Swamy Temple
Gandi Kshetram Veera Anjaneya Swamy Temple is at Verrannagattupalle village of Chakrayapeta Mandal, Kapada district of Andhra Pradesh. The is at the bank of the river Papagni. The preceding deity of this temple is Lord Hanuma with one hand holding a lotus and other in Abhaya hastam Posture. The eyes of the idol are brighter and radiant. Scroll down to below for more information on Temple History, Gandi temple Accommodation, Gandi Anjaneya Swamy Photos.
- Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti
- Soumyanatha Swamy Temple Nandalur
- Mukthi Rameswara Swamy Temple Proddutor
On his way to Lanka Lord Rama was requested to halt here by the Lord Vayu where he performs meditation. But Lord Rama said that he will fulfill his desire on his return way to Ayodhya. Knowing that Rama killed Ravana, Lord Vayu prepared this place to welcome Lord Rama. After reaching this place from Lanka, Lord Rama Stayed here and received Lord Vayu hospitality.
Meanwhile, Lord Hanuman was sent to Ayodhya to sent the news of Lord Rama Victory and arrival to Bharatha. On that node, Rama thinking about hanuma and sculptured his picture of hanuma on a stone. The picture will get complete if Lord Rama draws the left-hand little finger of hanuma but he went to Ayodha.
After that Vyasa Maharshi knowing this sculptured the little finger to complete. But little finger got broken and a flow of blood got started. Knowing this a sculpture he completes it by placing it on the left side to Lord Rama. Today, we see that picture as the idol of this temple.
Generally, the temple opens at 06.00 am in the morning to closes by 08:00 pm.
Gandi temple Accommodation
There are some of the hotels nearby the temple to stay. Some of them are
- Gandi Resorts
- Haritha Hotel
- AP Tourism Hotel
How to Reach
- If you want to go through the air, then Tirupathi Airport is nearest to the temple at a distance of 151 km.
- In fact, Kamalapuram Railway Station is the nearest to the temple. After reaches, there public and private transport is available to reach the station where it covers over 44 km
- The best way to reach the temple is by bus. Because frequent buses are available from the nearest city Rayachoti. However, direct buses are also available from Tirupathi also.