Last Updated on
Dwaraka Tirumala Temple
Dwaraka Tirumala Temple: or Chinna Tirupathi is located Seshachalam hills of Dwaraka Tirumala in West Godavari district. The main deity of this temple is Lord Venkateswara Swamy. This temple is famous from Ancient times.
Dwaraka Tirumala History:
As per the legends, the great saint Dwaraka perform penance in Seshachalam hills for Lord Vishnu. With his penance, Lord Vishnu impressed and self-manifested in Anthill facing south. The upper part is unearthed by Sage Dwaraka and the remaining half is in Anthill. By this Lord, feet are not visible to outside. With the request of devotees, Saint Ramanujacharya install one more idol of Lord by following Vaikhanasa Agama sastra in 11th century AD.
However, Mylavaram Zamindars built the present form of the temple. Rani chinnama devi gifted jewelry to the Lord during 1877 – 1902 AD.
Importance Of this Temple:
- Devotees who cant go for Tirumala temple due to any reason they come here and make their offerings and worship Lord Venkateswara Swamy here.
- However, in this temple 2 main idols present under one Shikaram. one idol is full and the other is only half statue will visible.
- Tiru kalyanotsavam will perform twice in a year. one is for install idol in the month of Aswayujam and the other for the self-manifested idol in the month of Vaisakha
Dwaraka Tirumala Temple Timings:
Generally, the timings of this temple are
- Morning: 4:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Evening: 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
How to reach Chinna Tirupathi:
By Air: The nearest airport is in Rajahmundry which is at a distance of 69km.
On Rail: Powerpet railway station and Eluru railway stations are near to this temple. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter. However, Rajahmundry railway station is major railway station which is at a distance of 63 km.
By Bus: Kamavarapukota and Tadikalapudi bus stations are nearby bus stations to Dwaraka. So, from there you can reach the temple by means of local transport. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.