Last Updated on
Bhadrakali Temple Warangal
Bhadrakali Temple is located in between the two cities of Hanumakonda and Warangal. Goddess in this temple is one of the nine forms of Parvathi Devi, the wife of Lord Shiva.
The temple has the sanctum of Bhadrakali. The stone image of Goddess Bhadrakali has fierce looking eyes, and eight arms each carrying various weapons.
Temple consists of Dwajasthambam, Balipeetam and a fierce lion. The sacred vehicle of the Goddess is the opposite of the sanctum sanctorum of the temple.
Bhadrakali Temple Warangal is the oldest temples of Goddess Bhadrakali.
History of Warangal Bhadrakali Temple:
In 625AD the Chalukya King Pulekesi II succeeded in bringing the Vengi region of Telangana region under his sovereignty.
To celebrate his victory he built a glorious temple dedicated to the mother goddess to express his devotion and gratitude to her for granting him his prowess.
The temple structure is supported by square pillars a unique style statement used by the kings of the Chalukya dynasty.
Several other features of the temple and the main deity bear the signature stamp of the Chalukyas. Some of these include the main deity displaying the Ekanda Shila (single stone sculpture) style unique to the Chalukyas.
There is a Sanskrit inscription on one of the inner pillars (called as Antralaya sthambam) at Bhadrakali Temple Warangal.
Bhadrakali Temple Timings:
- Morning Timings : 5:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Evening Timings : 2:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- These timings may change during the festivals of Bhatukamma and Bonalu due to a heavy crowd.
How to reach Bhadrakali Temple Warangal:
- Nearest Airport to Warangal is Hyderabad covers a distance of 231 km. Moreover, direct buses are available from Hyderabad.
- The city itself has Warangal Railway station. An auto or cab from the railway station will take 25 minutes to reach this temple over a distance of 5km.
- Warangal city has a Bus station and it is 4km away from the temple.
Warangal Bhadrakali Temple Accommodation:
Officially there is no Accommodation provided by Bhadrakali Temple Warangal. So you can stay in hotels nearby. The nearest hotels are 2 Km away from the temple.
Some of the hotels,
- Hotel Shreya
- City Grand Hotel
- Supreme Hotel
- Hotel Ashoka
Annaprasadam is available every day between 12 pm to 1 pm for 50 members and on Sundays for 100 members.