Last Updated on
Bapatla Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple
Bapatla Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple is located in Bapatla of Guntur district. It is one of the oldest temples in Andhra Pradesh.
Here the main deity Lord Vishnu is in the form of Bhava Narayana Swamy along with his wife Goddess Lakshmi devi. The deity here is Swayambhu.
During the dynasty of cholas, this temple was built by Krimikanta chola 1500 years ago and was finally rebuilt by Sri Raja Vasireddy Venkatadrinaidu of Amaravathi kingdom.
However, Bapatla Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple tower or Galigopuram was built by Sri Raja Vasireddy Venkatadrinaidu 200 years ago. This tower is of 85 feet tall and 25 feet wide and was facing the main deity but it collapsed on 23 October 2011.
Chariot Festival and pavitrotsavam will celebrate grandly in Bavanarayana Swamy temple. However, the Chariot festival will celebrate in the month of May every year.
At this time several devotees participate in this festival by pulling the chariot of Lord Vishnu to the idol of Anjaneya Swamy and to the back finally.
After this, the devotees will have darshan of Lord Bhavanarayana Swamy at this time several people feel that there is spiritual power, peace, and calmness at Bhavanarayana Swamy temple.
Bapatla Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple Timings:
- Generally, the temple opens at morning 6:00 a.m and closes in the evening at 8:00 p.m.
How to Reach Bapatla
- Nearest Airport is Gannavaram international airport which is 102 km away.
- The nearest railway station is Bapatla which is 1 km away from there we can reach by walk to the Bapatla Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple.
- However, Guntur Jn railway station is nearest to Bapatla which is of 49 km away. From there we can reach by local transport to the temple.
- However, Bapatla bus station, Chirala bus station, and karamchedu bus station are near to Bapatla. Besides this APSRTC runs a number of buses from major cities to here.