Last Updated on
Achanta Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple
Achanta Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple is in Achanta town of West Godavari district. This temple dedicates to Lord Shiva in the form of Achanteswara.
Shiva lingam in this temple is Swayambhu. Maha Shivaratri festival will celebrate grandly in this temple.
History of Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple:
As per the legends, this temple associates with an interesting story. Once two devotees of Shiva from Achanta wish to go for Kashi during Lingodbava time.
During their journey to Kasi, they came across a prostitute. One of the devotees attract to her and dropped going to Kasi and the other went to Kasi.
At the time of performing Abhishekam to lingodbavam, the devotee who went to Kasi was absent his mind and thinking of his friend.
Lord Shiva impressed by this and self-manifested in this place for this reason.
Timings of Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple Achanta:
- Generally, the timings of this temple are from the morning at 6:00 am to 8:30 pm in the evening.
How to reach
- The nearest airport is in Rajahmundry which is at a distance of 63 km
- Palakollu railway station is near to Achanta. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter to this temple.
- However, Rajahmundry railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 47 km to this temple.
- Siddhantam, Marteru, and P.Gannavaram bus stations are nearby bus stations to this village. So, from there you can reach by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.