Last Updated on
Vellore Golden Temple
Vellore golden temple is also familiar as Siripuram Mahalakshmi Temple, it is a holy place located among little green mountains in Tirumalaikodi. It is on the way to Anaicut, on Usoor road. This Golden temple was established on 15th August of 2007. It is built with pure gold in 100 acres of land. The construction and maintenance of temple are done by Narayani Peetam Vellore. Religious Guru Sakthi amma who is also known as Narayani Amma leads Sri Narayani Peetam. This temple is the reverse of 30 years old guru Sri Sakthi Amma.
Throughout 15000 Kg of gold was used to construct this Maha Lakshmi Temple. Over 300 crores of money have been spent on its construction. Nearly 400 copper-smiths and goldsmiths cooperated in constructing the temple, 12 layers of gold plates were stuck on copper sheets craved in designs. The entire interior of the temple is of pure gold, it took about 7 years to complete the construction of the temple. Vellore Golden temple is one of the best architectures in India.
The people who have faith in more the one god are only allowed into the temple. All pilgrims should go through the star-shaped way to reach the shrine. The idol of Goddess Sri Maha Lakshmi is made out of 70 kg pure gold.
Vellore Golden Temple Darshan:
Two types of Darshans are available.
- One is free darshan, it may take 2-3 hours of time, usually depends on the crowd.
- The second one is paid darshan, you have an immediate entry for darshan.
Dress code for the Golden Temple:
- Any traditional outfit is allowed, decent outfits like shirt and pant are also allowed.
- Short pants, lungis, skirts are not allowed.
Golden Temple Vellore Darshan Timings:
- Sarva Darshan – Daily from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Note: Taking pictures inside the temple is not allowed. All electronic gadgets must be deposited before entering the temple.
How to reach Golden Temple Vellore?
- Vellore old bus station is just 8 km away from the temple.
- Tirupati is 120 km away from Vellore, direct buses are available from Tirupati to Vellore.
- It is 44 km away from Chittoor. It takes the only hour, you can also visit Kanipakam if interested.
- Katpadi is the nearest railway junction, it is 15 km away from the temple.