Thirunallar Temple’s main God is Shiva. Here Lord Shiva is called Darbaranyeswarar, and Goddess Parvati is called Bhogamartha Poonmulai Amman. If you take a bath in Brahma Teertham and worship Lord Shiva in wet clothes, you freed from Shani Dasa entirely or to some extent.
The place named Darbaranya for its region covered full of darba grass. Shani Peyarchi festival is celebrating grandly, thousands of devotees visit Thirunallar temple on that day.
Legends of Thirunallar Temple:
Nala was a famous King of the Nishada kingdom. He wants to marry princess Dayamnthi, the daughter of King Bhima. Once Nala sent his message to princess Dayamanthi through swan. King Bhima arranges swayamwar for his daughter. In that swayamwar, Nala marries Dhayamanti.
Kali, who also wants to marry Dhayamanti, gets jealous of Nala and decides to make his life miserable. Kali goes to Shani and seeks help from him. Shani gave a lot of troubles to Nala, Nala loses his Kingdom and leaves to the forest.
He leaves a note to his wife when she is sleeping. Dayamanthi, along with her kids, goes to her father’s place. Nala faces many troubles. He becomes ugly when Karkotaka serpent bits him. He worships God Dharpaneswara at this Temple, and all the curses will be gone.
After 12 years of Shani Kaal, Nala gets back to his earlier form by wearing a magical garment and wins his Kingdom again.
Nala, after his Shani period disturbed with his past, decided to go to a spiritual expedition with his family. In their journey, they meet Sage Baradwaja at Virudhachalam. He advises them to visit Thirunallar once for peace and happy living.
Nala visits the Thirunallar temple with his family, takes a bath in Shani Theertham, and gets wholly relieved from the effect of Shani.
Its believed that in this place, Lord Shiva stops Shani from concurring Brahma. Lord Brahma created a theertham while worshipping Lord Shiva.
Thirunallar Temple Timings:
Morning Hours: 6:00 am – 12:30 pm
Evening Hours: 4:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Thirunallar Temple Timings On Saturday’s
Morning Hours:6:00 am – 12:30 pm
Evening Hours: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Lack of peace
- Problems in Business
- All relationships will get the effect
- Issues with government
- One will be relieved from Shani Dasa to some extent if one lits a lamp with sesame oil on Saturdays.
- One should perform pooja with Vanni leaves for good wealth.
- One must worship with Kondrai flowers, for peace and healthy family relations.
- To cure mental illness, pray Shani with Oomatham flowers.
- Offer rice mixed with sesame powder to get the Pooja benefits.
Thirunallar Temple Precautions:
- Taking pictures is not allowing.
- Electronic gadgets are not allowed; you have to deposit them at the counter at the entrance.
- You can buy lamps inside, no need to buy from outside.
How to reach the Temple:
- Tiruchirapalli is the nearest airport. It is 147 km away.
- Chennai airport is 296 km away from Thirunallar.
- Thirunallar railway station is on the Peralam – Karaikkal Railway line.
- Mayiladuthurai is 32 km away. It is well connecting to all parts of India.
- Direct buses are available from Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- Thirunallar temple is 59 km away from Kumbakonam and 128 km distance away from Pondicherry.
- It is 7.6 km away from Karaikkal and 26 km away from Nagapattinam.