Last Updated on
Simhachalam Temple Timings
Simhachalam Temple Timings, pooja and darshan details are mentioned below. The preceding deity in Simhachalam Temple is Lord Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy.
- Morning Hours: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Evening Hours: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
Simhachalam Temple timings during Chandanotasavam:
- Darshan timings : 4:00 am – 7:00 pm
After 7:00 pm the queue will stop, the devotees who were already in the queue will not allow for darshan.
- Special Darshan will cost Rs. 100 per head.
Simhachalam Temple Timings on Special Days:
Akshaya Tritiya Day Or Chandanotsavam
In the entire year, only on the day of Akshaya Tritiya, one can have Nijaroopa Darshan of the Lord Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. It is available only for 12 hrs. During this, the Simhachalam Temple will overcrowd with VVIPs.
Temple priests will clear the sandal from the idol and make arrangements for darshan. The entire process takes 1 hr time, during this time the temple doors will get close. First the trustees of the Simhachalam Temple, Ananda Gajapathi dynasty will have darshan and later others will have. Rest of the days the Lord Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy’s idol will cover with Sandal paste.
The idol will take out for yatra around Simhachalam and Kailasagiri hills. This event will carry out on Full moon day in Ashada month. Giripradakshinam is about for 40 km that takes more than 8 hrs to complete one round.
How to reach Temple?
- Vishakapatnam bus station is 19 km away from the temple. Since, it will connect with train, road, and bus.
- Vishakapatnam Railway station is just 16 km away from the temple.
- Buses also run fro different cities to this temple.